Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rockin Fela

So last night was the first of the premiers of FELA, the Broadway show. It was impressive to say the least. I don't think that there is a show on Broadway with as much energy. Without giving anything away, the show is about the life and passion of Fela Kuti and as you watch it you start to feel like, Shit, maybe I need to do something... about something. It was well cast and the production was great. I was especially impressed with the ability of the cast to sing while enthusiastically dancing all over the theatre. You should definitely treat yourself. The first show is November 23 2009 and as you can see from the pic that I snuck in during the show...

it is like a big party.

It is gonna be big.

Oh and Vinnie Chase was there he said that he liked it. He is extremely cool BTW. I spoke to him for a little while and he is really chill.

Go check it out.

...flix