Tuesday, August 4, 2009

dope people dope flix



Chyna Layne, young actress from N.Y., moved to L.A. and doing pretty damned well over there. I mentioned her in a previous entry. She just finished a movie called Precious (based on the novel Push) that was met with critical acclaim at the Sundance film festival. Her rap sheet is growing and growing and I predict that she will be A-listing soon. I've known her for YEARS!!!!, hadn't seen her in a while and the shoot gave us a chance to catch up (insanely fun too). For someone so young Ms. Layne has been through quite a bit. It is amazing to see her and how she deals with the Hollywood BS and the pressure of a job that demands so much of her. I did my bid in the industry and I commend anyone that can beome successful in it. Check for this chica, I expect her to be big. Check her out @ chynalayne.com